Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
Time: 8:45 am – 4:15 pm EDT / 13:45 pm – 21:15 pm CET
Location: Clayton Hall, University of Delaware, Newark DE
In-person and Live-stream
In collaboration with the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance and the Department of Finance at the Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware hosted its 2023 annual corporate governance symposium. The winners of the 2023 John L. Weinberg/IRRCi $10,000 Research Paper Award competition were announced during the program.
The winning papers are:
- “Female Equity Analysts and Corporate Environmental and Social Performance”
Authors: Kai Li (University of British Columbia), Feng Mai (Stevens Institute of Technology), Gabriel Wong (Cardiff University), Chelsea Yang (University of British Columbia), and Tengfei Zhang (Rutgers University)
- “Conflicting Fiduciary Duties and Fire Sales of VC-backed Start-ups”Bo Bian (University of British Columbia), Yingxiang Li (University of British Columbia), and Casimiro A. Nigro (Goethe University)
The papers included in the Symposium collectively addressed new developments and critical issues within the area of corporate governance.
2023 John L. Weinberg/ IRRCi Research Paper Competition: The research paper competition seeks to highlight innovative research and includes an award of US$10,000.
- “Proxy Exempt Solicitation Campaigns”
- “Conflicting Fiduciary Duties and First Sales of VC-backed Start-Ups”
- “The Perils and Questionable Promise of ESG-based Compensation”
- “Socially Responsible Divestment”
- “Proxy Voting and the Rise of ESG”
- “Female Equity Analysts and Corporate Environmental & Social Performance”
- “Fast and Furious” session